Wednesday, March 09, 2005

'N.Y. Press' Editor Quits in Wake of Pope Cover

'N.Y. Press' Editor Quits in Wake of Pope Cover:
"Published: March 07, 2005 2:30 PM ET

NEW YORK Jeff Koyen, editor of the alt-weekly New York Press, quit today after refusing to accept a two-week suspension in the aftermath of the paper's controversial "52 Funniest Things About the Upcoming Death of the Pope" cover story, Koyen said.

The article by Matt Taibbi had drawn heated denunciations from the likes of Sen. Chuck Schumer ('The most disgusting thing I've seen in 30 years of public life') and a spokesman for Mayor Michael Bloomberg ('As disgusting as this is, it's sadly par for the course for this publication')."
You know, I just don't know what to say about this worthless POS editor Mr. Koyen and the worthless POS writer Matt Taibbi. I really can't see them publishing this condesceding, worthless crap in a Red State, however. They could try, but their hospitalization better be paid up. Probably long term care, too.

And no, I haven't read the article. And no, I'm not Catholic and upset about the article from that point of view. There is a point in human events where just being DECENT to one another is important. I try to be decent each day. I don't have to like people. I don't have to take long walks in the moonlight with people. I just have to show them the same respect I expect them to show me. If I don't get it, they will know about it, and if I don't give it, I expect to be told.

Schumer and Bloomberg go through the motions and are "shocked ... shocked", but no real solutions have been offered. Just political pandering to keep their constituents in line, and away from the torches and pitchforks. Love your liberalism NY! Keep it. Swallow it. Take it in your orifices. You suck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mongo,why don't you go to the link below, read the Religion Almighty column and educate yourself a little? Open your mind...

andrewtavani.blogspot.com/

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home